The Cake Tutor – Super scones & Afternoon Tea
Time & Location
About the Event
What better way to spend your day than baking the perfect afternoon tea. This hands on workshop shows you how to bake a variety of scones both sweet and savoury together with some classic cakes that would delight any afternoon tea table. All ingredients and equipment will be supplied for this workshop at the end of which you take home all the products that you produce. We just ask that you bring along a variety of containers to carry all the goodies away ( that is if you can resist eating them before you leave us!)
Skills acquired during this workshop:
- Learn how to make the perfect scone. Starting with the classic sweet scone and then cherry and almond, sultana or chocolate chip. Adapting the recipe for savoury varieties and then baking cheese scones.
- How to bake Angel cake cupcakes. Paying particular attention how to whisk egg whites successfully and avoiding mistakes associated with this fat free recipe.
- Piping the cupcakes with fresh cream and decorating with seasonal berries.
- Canestrelli Italian shortbread biscuits. If you love shortbread then these will become a firm favourite . Using traditional methods these biscuits have a hidden magic ingredient that makes them irresistible.
- Helpful hints and tips on the pitfalls that many bakers make so that you produce great products every time.