The Cake Tutor – Modern Drip Cakes
Time & Location
About the Event
Have you ever wondered how to create the modern style buttercream drip cake? Well this is the course for you. During this three hour workshop you will learn how to create a stunning drip cake with a sugar paste bursting display to add that final flourish. This is a hands on practical workshop at the end of which you take home the cake that you have made. All ingredients and equipment will be supplied. Due to the time restraints we will use a pre-made chocolate sponge base leaving you with more time to spend on the fun part of decorating.
Skills acquired during this workshop will include:
- How to level and fill a sponge cake.
- The art of skimming a cake with filling cream to achieve a smooth exterior.
- Preparing a ganache topping that you will then learn how to master the perfect drip effect.
- Using sugar paste you will gain the skills required to make your own confetti for the base of the cake together with a bursting display for the top.
- Piping shells and rosettes with filling cream.
- Assembly and finishing off your cake with all the elements you have made.