The Cake Tutor – Creative Cookies
Time & Location
About the Event
Join in the latest sugar craft craze - decorated cookies. Spend a relaxing few hours learning basic skills to turn the humble cookie /biscuit into a work of art. Great for homemade gifts and charity bazaars. This is a hands on practical workshop at the end of which you take home all the cookies that you have lovingly created .Due to the time restraints we will use pre made cookies therefor being able to concentrate on the fun part of decorating. All ingredients and equipment will be supplied for this workshop. We just ask that you bring along a container to carry your cookies away.
Skills acquired during this workshop will include:
- How to ice the cookie with smooth icing.
- Creating hand-made sugar flowers using both cutters and traditional pulled method.
- Basic royal icing piping skills to produce leaves and decorative detailing.
- Advise on how to make the perfect icing consistency and useful storage instructions.
- Colour palette advise and helpful hints and tips along the way to produce professional looking cookies.
- How to package your cookies making them great gifts.